> scale of autonomy
The settlement that is now Pikalyovo already existed in 1620. In 1932 a new settlement of a cement factory was built next to it. It was named after a railroad station Pikalyovo, opened in 1906. The construction of the settlement started in 1935. It was granted status of an urban-type settlement in 1947 and town status in 1954.